Takeover of the Lido by Accor: 157 out of 184 positions will be eliminated


These job cuts are taking place as part of the transformation of the activity of the festive place.

The hotel giant Accor, new owner of the Lido, announced Thursday the elimination of 157 positions out of 184 within the legendary Parisian cabaret which will no longer have a review and whose activity will be transformed, learned AFP from concordant sources.

The Lido review is over. The entire artistic platform, which concerns around sixty people, will disappear“Said a union source while a source close to the file specified that the establishment”will become a place for the creation of musical performanceswithout a permanent troop. Most of the job cuts will be through retirements and reclassifications, according to these sources. One of them specifies that this device could be accompanied by the creation of 12 positions. The Lido, in the configuration desired by Accor, would be able to operate with 39 people and would create original shows under the direction of Jean-Luc Choplin, former director of the Théâtre du Chatelet, who was also a programmer for the Musical Stage.

80 million euros in losses in recent years

This project “will be done in agreement and in consultation with the social partners, there will be no storm“, assured a trade unionist. A period of information-consultations during which the details and terms of this plan will be negotiated with the social partners will now begin. At the beginning of December 2021, Sodexo announced that it would sell the cabaret, a “separate activity in the portfolioof its subsidiary Sodexo Live!, he said, which does notfit(s) more into its growth strategy“. The collective catering group then explained that it wanted to refocus Sodexo Live! on catering and services developed with the Lenôtre, Bateaux Parisiens, Batobus and Yachts de Paris brands. According to a source familiar with the matter, the cabaret has accumulated 80 million euros in losses in recent years.

Since the announcement of this transaction, the amount of which has not been disclosed, after months of negotiations, Accor had not yet communicated on its project for the legendary Parisian cabaret, which celebrated its 75th anniversary last year. Created in 1946 by the Clérico family, this mythical place for Parisian nights was, like the entire cabaret and music hall sector, very affected by the long periods of closure imposed by the management of the health crisis last year: the turnover of these establishments collapsed by 80% in 2020. In 2015, the famous cabaret on the Champs-Élysées began its metamorphosis by modernizing its review under the leadership of the Belgian director Franco Dragone, who had worked for the Cirque du Soleil and organized spectacular shows, including that of Celine Dion in Las Vegas. However, this relaunch did not meet with the expected success.


SEE ALSO – In 2018, Adriana Karembeu, Vanessa Demouy and Anthony Delon were at the Lido for the Top Model Belgium election (Excluded video)

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *