The custody of two people for “counts of endangering the lives of others and undeclared work” was lifted on Saturday.
More than 110 people gathered in an underground restaurant were fined in the nineteenth arrondissement of Paris overnight from Friday to Saturday and the organizer and manager were arrested, the Paris police headquarters said in a tweet on Saturday. Their custody for “endangering the life of others and undeclared work“Were lifted this Saturday at the end of the day”for further investigation», Said the Paris prosecutor’s office.
The police were “required for a nighttime din from a restaurant ended a gathering of more than 110 people», Explains the prefecture. The guests were “fined for non-compliance with sanitary measures“, She adds, specifying that”the organizer and the manager” have been “questioned“.
Two people were taken into custody “counts of endangering the life of others and undeclared work“, According to the Paris prosecutor’s office. These two people are presented by the police headquarters as the organizer and manager of the restaurant. The guests were “fined for non-compliance with sanitary measuresShe adds.
According to BMFTV, 62 people were fined Friday noon in an illegal restaurant in Saint-Ouen. The manager of the establishment was arrested, the police headquarters said in a tweet.
To see also – Clandestine dinners, masses without masks: much needed police custody?
Context of the controversy at the Palais Vivienne
These cases occur after the heated controversy triggered by the broadcast last week of a report by M6 on luxurious clandestine dinners. In this report, one of the organizers, identified as being the collector Pierre-Jean Chalençon, claimed to have “dined in the week in two-three underground restaurants“Where he would have crossed”ministers“. He has since reconsidered his remarks, explaining that he wanted to do “humor“.
Friday, Pierre-Jean Chalençon and the cook Christophe Leroy were taken into custody. Their custody was lifted at the end of the day. “At this stage of the investigations, there is nothing to bring to light the participation of a member of the government in the meals.“Under investigation, the prosecution said Friday. Nearly 1,000 customers of illegally opening restaurants have been fined in Paris since October 30, the Interior Ministry said on Tuesday.