Loan Against Insurance Policy: Everyone has to face difficult financial situation at some point or the other. During the Corona period, where a large number of people became unemployed, the business of many people has come to a complete standstill. In such a difficult situation, the lack of money becomes more difficult. During the financial crisis, the person first thinks of taking a loan.
People resort to many options to take a loan. One of these options is to take a loan against an insurance policy. It is better to choose this option than other options. The good thing is that the loan against the insurance policy is much easier to get and the interest on it is also less. You can take this loan through banks or non-banking financial institutions (NBFCs).
How much loan can I get
- How much the loan will be available depends on the type of policy and its surrender value.
- Usually, 80 to 90% of the surrender value of the policy (the amount received at the end) can be availed.
- However, this loan is available only if you have a money back or endowment policy.
- Surrendering a life insurance policy before it is operative for the full term gives back a part of the premium paid. In this the charges are deducted. This amount is called the surrender value.
Special things related to surrender value
- The surrender value is refunded only in those policies in which there is a part of investment along with insurance.
- There will be no surrender value in a pure term plan.
- Plans like Endowment, Moneyback and ULIP have surrender value.
- The surrender value will be refunded only if the premium has been paid continuously for two years. In many companies this limit is 3 years.
- The interest rate on an insurance policy depends on the amount of premium and the number of premiums paid.
- The interest rate of loan against life insurance varies between 10-12%.
If the loan is not repaid
- Default in repayment of loan or default in payment of premium will result in lapse of the insurance policy.
- The policyholder will have to pay premium on the loan taken against the policy in addition to interest.
- The insurance company reserves the right to recover the principal and outstanding interest amount from the surrender value of the policy.
Credit Card Loan: If you have taken loan on credit card then it is a mistake not to sit
Taxation Laws (Amendment) Bill 2021 passed in Lok Sabha, retrospective tax will be abolished forever