Gold Shopping Tips: Gold and silver have been very important for Indians culturally and commercially. It is one of the oldest investment options. Festive season is about to start. People like to buy gold during this time. However, one should be careful while buying gold and some special things must be taken care of. Today we are telling you which five things are most important to pay attention to while buying gold.
- The hallmark of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) ensures the purity of gold.
- This is the reason why hallmarked jewelery is considered the safest to buy.
- Gold comes in different variants of purity like 18 karat and below, 22 karat and 24 karat.
- It is better to buy hallmarked jewelery so that you can be sure of the purity.
Negotiation on making charges
- It is very important to know the making charges while buying gold jewellery.
- Bargaining and minimizing the making charges are even more important. You should bargain on the making charges of the jewellery.
- Remember these charges can be up to 30 percent of the cost of the jewelry. You must bargain to reduce them.
keep an eye on prices
- It is very important to keep an eye on gold prices.
- It is difficult to predict whether gold prices will fall in the coming days.
- For this, you can inquire with some jewelers whether there is a possibility of reduction in prices.
- You can read the comments of experts on newspapers or business websites, so that you will be able to get a more accurate idea about gold prices.
don’t forget to take the bill
- Whenever you buy gold, definitely take its bill.
- If you sell the same gold at a profit after a few years, then you should know the value of the purchase to calculate capital gains tax. For this the bill will act as proof.
- The bill given by the jeweler contains the details of the purity of the gold or silver jewelery purchased by you, its rate and weight.
- If you do not have a bill for jewelery, the goldsmith will try to buy gold from you at an arbitrary price. This will harm you.
- Whenever you buy gold, check its weight.
- Gold is not like groceries. It has become very expensive and its cost is very high. Do enough research before buying gold.
Multibagger Stock Tips: If you had invested Rs 5 lakh in this multibagger stock a year ago, you would have got Rs 18.94 lakh today
Share Market: The stock market again created history, Sensex touched 60 thousand mark for the first time