EPF Account Update: There is important news for the employed people. If the date offer birth, name or address is wrong in your PF account, then now you can easily update it. Let us tell you that in today’s time PF account is necessary for all the employed people, so it is necessary to have all the details correct in it. Your PF money can get stuck due to wrong details.
Let us tell you how you can update your name, address and date of birth-
What if the difference is less than 3 years?
If there is a difference of less than 3 years between the date of birth recorded in your EPF record and your correct date of birth, then you can rectify it through Aadhaar or e-Aadhaar. You have to submit your Aadhaar on the Unified Member Portal of EPFO.
What if there is a difference of more than 3 years?
If the difference between date of birth and date of birth is more than 3 years, then along with Aadhaar or e-Aadhaar, you will also have to submit another document as a certificate of date of birth on the Unified Member Portal.
As a certificate of date of birth, you must have any one of these documents-
- Passport, Driving License, ESI Card
- Certificate based on Service Records of Central/State Government Organizations
- Any certificate related to school/education
- Birth certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths
How to make online request-
- You have to visit this official link https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- Now enter your UAN number and captcha.
- Sign in now.
- Now click on Manage tab.
- After that click on Modify BAsic Detail
- Now on the new page, enter the correct date of birth in the Changes Requested section.
- Now click on save or submit or update
- After entering the request to correct the date of birth, do this
- Ask the employer to approve the update
- When the employer approves the updation, only then the EPFO will also approve the change.
Gold Price: Gold becomes costlier by Rs 1000 in 2 days, silver prices also rise, check latest rates
Ration Card: If the dealer is giving you less ration too, then complain on these numbers, you will get full wheat-rice