Income Tax Refund Update: If you had also filed Income Tax Return (ITR), then quickly check whether the refund money has arrived in your account or not. The Income Tax Department said that between April 1, 2021 and February 21, 2022, till now it has issued tax refunds of more than Rs 1.83 lakh crore to 2.07 crore taxpayers.
information given by tweet
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has returned Rs 1,82,995 crore to 2.07 crore taxpayers from April 1, 2021 to February 21, 2022. This includes Rs 65,498 crore to 2.04 crore individual taxpayers and Rs 1.17 lakh crore to corporate tax refunds to 2.30 lakh units.
CBDT issues refunds of over Rs. 1,82,995 crore to more than 2.07 crore taxpayers from 1st Apr,2021 to 21st Feb,2022. Income tax refunds of Rs. 65,498 crore have been issued in 2,04,44,820 cases &corporate tax refunds of Rs. 1,17,498 crore have been issued in 2,30,112 cases(1/2)
— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) February 24, 2022
Check your refund status
- Check refund status like this from new income tax portal
- You have to first go to the official website www.incometax.gov.in.
- Here you have to enter the User ID and Password.
- When you login, you will see the option of e-filing.
- In the e-file option, you have to select Income Tax Returns.
- After this, click on View File Return.
- Now the details of your latest ITR will come.
- After selecting, the status of your ITR will be visible.
- Here you will see the tax refund issue date and amount.
- Apart from this, information about the clearance of your refund will also be available.
What is Tax Refund?
Let us tell you that if advance is deducted on the basis of your estimated investment in any financial year, but after the final paper is submitted by the end of the financial year, it is found that more tax has been deducted according to your liability, then the income tax department’s To get the same back, you have to apply for ITR refund.
Refund gets stuck many times
Let us tell you that sometimes there is a delay in getting the tax refund. Tax refunds are sent by the Income Tax Department to the bank account only. In such a situation, if you have given wrong information while filling the form or if your details do not match, then your tax refund gets stuck.
read this also
Stock Market Closing: After Russia’s attack on Ukraine, there was mourning in the stock market, the stock market closed with the biggest fall since 23 March 2020
Crude Oil Price @ 105 Dollar: Crude oil at the highest level of 8 years, know how expensive petrol diesel can be?