Now the trial is being made!
The woman who caused a mass crash with 21 injured riders in the Tour de France has to answer at 1.30 p.m. at the Criminal Court in Brest, Brittany!
According to the French newspaper “LeParisien”, the 31-year-old French woman from the Finistére region is charged with “endangering others” and “unintentional injuries” which result in “not more than three months of incapacity for work”.
You face a fine of up to 15,000 euros and a one-year prison sentence.
What happened? On June 26, in the municipality of Sizun, 45 kilometers from the finish of the first stage of this year’s Tour de France, the woman had held a large cardboard sign with the inscription “Allez Omi Opi” in the cameras – to greet her grandparents, the big one Tour fans are. Your grandma is German.
The woman got too far on the road and triggered a mass crash with 61 drivers, including the German driver Tony Martin (36 / Jumbo-Visma). Four of the 21 injured had to end the tour.
It was only four days after the events and during a call for witnesses that the Frenchwoman went to the Landerneau police station because she could no longer withstand the pressure of the media. She was then taken into custody.
Prosecutor Camille Miansoni said in July: “The respondent expressed a sense of shame and fear of the consequences of her act. She said she was desperate at the media coverage of her stupidity. “
The organizers of the Tour de France ASO had withdrawn their previously announced lawsuit against the woman. Tour director Christian Prudhomme (60) said at the time: “The story was taking on insane proportions. Here, however, the racing drivers should be the focus, not the spectators. ”
The Swiss-based international organization Cyclistes Professionnels Associés (CPA), however, upheld its complaint. “That was a really irresponsible action,” said Laura Mora, General Secretary of the UCI-recognized driver organization, on Tuesday to “AFP”.
Today the woman finds out whether she even has to go to jail for her “stupidity” …